Thursday 16 November 2017

Lunch for Two

One of my very good friends, recently asked if I would be able to make a 65th Birthday card
for one of the ladies where she worked.  Of course, I said "yes".

I have made something similar previously,
however, I do think it is a lovely design for a special birthday.



I cut the background paper from a sheet of 
49 and Market "Flower Fairies of Spring - Seedlings"
being sure to have some of the flowers showing.
Looking through my stash of flowers, I found a variety of pink and cream blooms
which co-ordinated beautifully with the background flowers.


In amongst my bits & pieces, I found a ticket that said 'Tea for 2',
however, since I knew that a lunch was involved for the birthday girl,
I found a blank ticket and added 'lunch for 2' instead.



The arched window (Kaisercraft) was cut from 
Prima Love Clippings Collection - Little Love Clippings
which has random copper foil dots over it.
A 65th was also cut from the same paper, as was a couple of tiny butterflies.

The finished card front was adhered to a square ivory card.

Although the card could have squeezed into a large envelope,
it would have been a shame if the flowers had become squashed,
so I created a little pizza box for it to sit in, 
which was tied with a pretty ribbon.

I am reliably told that the recipient was delighted with her special card.
I hope she has a very Happy 65th Birthday!
Happy Crafting!
 

2 comments:

  1. This beautiful. I bet the recipient was thrilled with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I love how you personalised it x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!