Monday 9 January 2017

Ice Queen

I know I'm a little slow off the mark, however I would like to wish you all a
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I find the week between Christmas and New Year rather uneventful 
and (dare I say?) boring! 
Not that I'm complaining; by the time Christmas Day is over I'm more than ready to vege out and not do anything more then what needs doing - I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.

On the 2nd January, I headed up the coast to my 'home away from home' for a few days of rest & relaxation.  This has been an annual week away at my BFF's home and I look forward to it each year.  
We craft together, watch movies (mostly Midsomer Murders) and we AWAYS manage to watch "Keeping Mum".  It would have to be one of my favourite movies and I start giggling just at the thought of what is to come.  

This year we also headed further up the coast to Port Stephens with all it's bays and beautiful scenery.  I've never been there before, so we had a very enjoyable day exploring.

This week it's time to get back to a more normal routine, 
which of course, includes my first swap of the year.


The theme is "Ice Queen" and it is to be made on an Index Card.

I started with a layer of gesso as there was writing on the card which I wanted to cover up.  Once the gesso was dry, I added a coat of Silk acrylic paint in Bolivian Blue.  There is also just a hint of purple on the bottom and top corners which was a bit of leftover texture paste tinted with Ken Oliver 'Colour Burst'.

Using Versamark I stamped a snow flake a couple of times and dusted 'Magical' powder paint over the top.  I found the larger pale blue snowflake in my stash and it fitted perfectly with the theme.
I stamped "Woman & Bird" (Carabelle Studio) onto white cardstock, fussy cut her and coloured her with metallic pencils.  She was then glued directly onto the background.  A layer of glitter was added for her to stand on, the title was stamped and the card is finished!

 Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!