Sunday 14 August 2016

Wheels

My friend Kay is hosting this weeks 
and she has chosen 'Wheels' as her theme.


I thought I'd go olde world with this one, so have chosen sepia tones only.

I knew which stamp I wanted to use, then found a perfect background paper on which to stamp it.  I used 'Soft Suede' ink from Stampin' Up! as it was just the right colour. 

One of these days I should buy myself a postmark stamp, however, the 'To' ,  'From'  and  'Sydney' stamps worked nicely instead.

Although there isn't a lot of stamping, I'm fairly happy with the finished postcard.

Stamps
Deep Red - Steampunk Lady Cyclist
Darkroom Door - Mail Art

Challenge

Please pop over to the talented Kay's blog and look at her lovely creations.

Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

  1. wonderful take on the theme. thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had the perfect stamps for this challenge, my friend! They couple beautifully with your background paper. Thanks for playing along with my challenge, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had the perfect stamps for this challenge, my friend! They couple beautifully with your background paper. Thanks for playing along with my challenge, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - great textures!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, I love this postcard! I have only done one set of postcards that my main design was on the address side of the card and I used the back for writing my note. It was my Easter postcards and I loved how they turned out. And since then I have forgotten that style is a possibility for any postcard. You are reminding of that here. I love the simplicity of your postcard. That paper is a perfect background for that great image. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful vintage look. Cara x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!