Sunday 10 July 2016

Rolling or not!

Rock and Roll is the theme this week at 
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge.

This got me thinking outside the square, so with a bit of creative licence, this is what I came up with.


I've had these stamps in my stash for quite a while, and there is no way I could ever part with them, but they worked for what I had in mind.

I started by stamping them with 'jet black' Archival Ink and coloured them using my new Inktense pencils.  These work a bit differently to what I'm used to and I think I need some practice to per-fect colouring with them.


With the background I was thinking rocks, hence why kitty fell over, and so the rocky path seemed just right for the background.  I stamped it over some patterned paper and gently coloured the foliage and rocks.


Both kitties were fussy cut before being popped onto dimensionals.

Stamps
Penny Black (2002) - Incredible! #2384E
Penny Black (2002) - Trail by the Tail #2373K
Inky Antics - Guided Path #11068SC

Challenge
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge - #217 Rock and Roll

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is too clever & oh so cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Wicked Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius! Love the story. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable are these roller skating cats. Love it Helen. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sutable for every question in our mind... to do... or not to do... I really like your nice way to think about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!