Sunday 3 July 2016

Time to Fly

The current challenge at 
the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is
'O' is for Outer Space
and I soon knew which stamp I'd use on my card.


 What better way to travel through time and space then by TARDIS?

I started by inking the words in Versamark and clear embossed them.  The next step was to use a few different blue Distress Inks, blending them together to give a mottled appearance, then a quick spritz of water leaving it to dry.  Using a tissue I gently rubbed any ink off the letters.

The TARDIS was inked with 'faded jeans' Distress Ink, lightly spritzed and stamped onto watercolour paper.  Once dry, I coloured the panels with the same ink and waterbrush.  The TARDIS was fussy cut and popped onto dimensionals at an angle to the words.  It was then mounted on black cardstock.

Stamps
Impression Obsession Rubber Stamps - IOE17104
Viva Las Vegastamps - Plate 925

Challenge
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - 'O' is for Outer Space

Happy Crafting!

11 comments:

  1. A dr who fan here .... Loving your make. The tardis looks awesome on the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! Love the tardis, works perfectly with that sentiment!
    Fab job Helen!
    Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for O is for Outer Space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like that ! so fun, even though I am not a Dr. Who fan !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I'm so glad you used a Tardis, since I didn't! Terrific card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, was it just me that was making the tarnished noise in my head!? Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flippin auto correct- tardis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew Lindsey would love this card, as she is a die hard Dr. Who fan! This is all kinds of fabulous! I love it! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely fabulous! I love that VLVS stamp!Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it and I am such a Whovian. Thanks for spacing out with the sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is seriously cool, Helen! Thanks for playing along with The Sistahs! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Creation! I love the saying and your interpretation... Thanks for sharing your wonderful card over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!